Frequently Asked Questions
What is indoor cycling?
Indoor-cycling is a calorie scorching, high energy cardio and strength building workout that involves a spin bike. Classes are led by a certified instructor, who use tempo and beats of music to guide students through a variety of cycle moves. All while having fun and building cardiovascular strength.
How long are the classes?
Classes run 50 minutes, and include warm-up, ride, cool-down and stretching. Classes involving the Terracore are 1 -hour long
What if I have never done it before?
I'm totally out of shape, will I be able to keep up?
Do I need to reserve a spot or can I just show up?
You will need to create an account on the New Riders page before you can schedule a class.
We do not reserve particular bikes, so if you have a favorite spot, get to class a few minutes early to ensure your bike preference.
What should I bring?
Bring your “CAN DO” attitude and your own cycling shoes that are SPD clip compatible. If you don’t have your own shoes you can rent shoes for $2.00. Regular athletic shoes can be worn but we recommend SPD clip compatible shoes as the experience is best with the correct gear.
Do I need to check in for class?
What if I need to cancel a ride?
- Vortex Cycle Studio requires a 4 – hour notice to cancel. You can cancel by calling the studio, through the website, mindbody or the Vortex app.
- If you do not cancel within the 4- hour window you will be charged a $12 fee if you are a monthly unlimited or you will lose a class from your package.
What if I am late for a ride?
- If you are not at the studio 5 minutes before class your, spot will be given to a standby person if there is a waitlist for the class
- If you call and say you are going to be late you have a 5 – minute window to get to the studio and get into class. If you are later than 5- minute you will not be able to attend the class
This is both a safety and courtesy issue to our riders
The room is dark and the bikes are close to each other
How does the waitlist work?
If I bought a pack, how long until the classes expire?
- 5 Pack expires in 90 days
- 10 Pack expires in 120 days
- 20 Pack expires in 180 days
Please do not share packs with your friends. Only one person assigned to each pack purchased.
What amenities do you have?
We also have a water filtration system to fill up your water bottle.